Friday, October 5, 2018

The Shy One© Tony Fallon 100416.


The Shy One© Tony Fallon  100416.

Whenever you are with me I am never shy,
You are now my bright ray of sunshine in the sky
When you are with me there are no threatening clouds
And I do not worry at all about being in crowds
Before I met you I had no confidence to sing
Now I sing with a guitar that has only one string
I sing nightly with a small band with confidence and poise
Next week we have a big booking out in Illinois
I never was a person for the Rock and roll scene.
Until I met up with you my sweet Irish colleen
You do not whine or complain when there is ice and snow
You wouldn't grumble when the temperature is ten below
You always seem to act so reliable and mature
You never do anything to make me insecure
You are my foundation you are my substantial rock
You never complain about anything you never squawk.
When the weather is wet and damp you do not complain
You said you have never tried LSD or cocaine
I think most people I know would readily agree
That I have found a person that's far better than me.
All of your other excellent traits I didn't acclaim
You are so bashful I cannot even use your name

No comments:

Post a Comment