Thursday, October 4, 2018

The Wedding Tony Fallon100418.


The Wedding Tony Fallon100418.

I'm planning a wedding and you are invited
After my single years people are excited
The date is set for October twenty eighth
And I will be married in the Catholic faith
You know that is only days from All Saints Feast
And to marry us I have engaged a priest
I know the invitation is a wee bit late
You perhaps have something else planned for that date
If you don't come I will be very annoyed
And our friendship forever will be destroyed
You know for more money I have no earthly needs 
And I am not worried about the proceeds
The reception that day will be rater small
And will not be staged in the local dance hall
The reception is to be in the pub in Leeds
You can come dressed either casual or in tweeds
On a gift I don't want you unduly spending
Your perfect gift to me will be you attending
There is something important lacking in my plans
You'll notice there's been no reading of the banns
In fact the plans that day could all go astray
I have not yet picked out the woman of the day
That's why I want you or some friend to provide
A pretty single woman who can be my bride



No comments:

Post a Comment