Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Halloween© Tony Fallon 103118

Halloween© Tony Fallon 103118

I've been living for a few years in this little Cairo community
I'd like to talk to local children if I had the opportunity
I think my little speech would be about selfishness and greed
And what some one or two did last year a rather nasty deed

You see I close my store early while they are trick or treating
So I cannot be always there to exchange a welcome greeting
I'd leave a bucket outside with a sign saying "help yourself"
I would then come back later and put the bucket back on the shelf

Well last year at five o'clock I put out six pounds of candy
And left them on the front porch which was convenient and handy
I went to get some groceries in the store once owned by Slater
And arrived back at my own store about fifteen minutes later

I'm nearly sure when I went on the porch I silently said f*** *t
There was not even one piece of candy left in my little bucket


This year I'll still put out candy and hope children can control their lust
I know that the vast majority will act moderately I trust
Still if you come by my store this evening and the bucket is unfilled
You'll be standing on the very spot where the golden goose got killed

No comments:

Post a Comment