Wednesday, October 10, 2018

101018 Luck of the Draw©TonyFallon



101018 Luck of the Draw©TonyFallon

Months ago to join Rhyme without Reason I got an invitation
Each week we get a subject to perk up our imagination
This is by far the toughest subject that I ever saw
To write a full length poem about the luck of the draw
Many times the subject has words that easily rhyme
But that is not the case every week or every time
One time we had Magic which caused me great despair
‘Cause practically nothing else rhymed it was hard to find a pair
I’m not into nightly numbers or Lotto I don’t believe in fate
Beside those competitions are money makers for the State
And if you are into Lotteries you are bucking the odds
And I don’t believe you should pray to Jesus or any other Gods
But on the subject of the week I’ll have to post a sample
And hope that many more will follow my example

When you take the person you love you have a new in law
You can pick friends but not relatives it’s the luck of the draw
When I saw Love Story I fell in love with Ali McGraw
It could have been Mia Farrow that’s the luck of the draw

One is just an observance but the other is a fact
And what I said about Ali McGraw I never will retract

No comments:

Post a Comment