Friday, January 4, 2019

Cabin Fever©2019TonyFallon0104

Cabin Fever©2019TonyFallon0104
I am looking out the window through the frosted glass
The over night snowfall covers the dormant garden grass
There's some on the barbecue that I never put away
And on both sides of the seesaw where the grand children play
There is no dog out there chasing after his own tail
Or barking at the mail man when he delivers mail
I see two squirrels dig frozen ground they are such mutts
It's only January they must have eaten all their nuts
No birds of any kind swim on the river that I share
On the silent trees there is no apple leaf or pear
The vegetable patch lies barren except for long dead stalks
And the unused waterfall I built out of mountain rocks
I long for better weather so I can get out and till
And spend a sunny summers evening cooking on the grille
I wish I could hibernate like the bear and beaver
These short cold days are not for me I have cabin fever

No comments:

Post a Comment