Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Last night©2019TonyFallon01222


Last night©2019TonyFallon01222

I had very few plans for last night I had nothing on my mind
I was tired from shoveling all the past weekends snow
I was getting spots in front of me I thought I was going blind
The snow was now in drifts as the north wind continued to blow
All the boys in the neighborhood had gathered and combined
To build the finest snowman, he won't melt it's five below

But I was not prepared for this night when I got home at five o'clock
The temperature was way under normal so cold it caused a shock
I checked out the thermostat it was a little below fifty degrees
It would need to be at least fifteen degrees more or in bed I'd freeze 

I went down to the basement to check out my trusty oil boiler
The third zone pump was not operating properly that was a spoiler
That zone is controlled by two thermostats so I made an alteration
I changed them to manual instead of being controlled by automation 

With the help of an electric heater I got some fitful sleep
Intending to take care of it today hoping the repair would be cheap
Somehow or other the machine is now working and I'm toasty and warn
So last night will be just a memory of this January winter storm


No comments:

Post a Comment