Monday, September 3, 2018

Giving© TonyFallon090318

Giving© TonyFallon090318

I gave him five single dollars and he said you are philanthropic
I said I don't know about that but my eyesight is myopic
I got out the dictionary to find if it was a curse or a noun
And was surprised at the use of such a word in a country town
For all the things I've done for the poor they say I'm communistic
But some of the kinder ones who agree with me call me altruistic
My mother was a Blessed Martin fan and we sold his tickets twice a year
So at a very early age we were taught how to be a volunteer
If I wasn't playing soccer in Dublin I gave time to the Blind boys Schools
And went as far as Drogheda and Kilkenny to sell the soccer pools
I've stood on snowy corners directing the poor to homeless centers
And for people who have English problems I've tried to be their mentors
I ran for blocks once after a punk who stole an elderly woman's purse
I got all her money and credit cars back and she went home no worse
I've hosted radio shows for free for the local community
I've trained many to do the same and was glad of the opportunity
For many church fundraisers in Ireland I was the all night MC
And for many others I donated my Dee Jay services for free
I'll never forget the night fundraising for the Dublin Disco fire
Every penny we got at the door went home or I'm a God damn liar
I entertained Irelands Special Olympians and felt so very blessed
When a young lad went bananas when he recognized me from Radio West
I have three fine strong sons and they were not afraid to sacrifice
Their deeds are in You Tube they were not afraid to pay the price
Five times already I've cheated death to my family that was shocking
But God must be happy with what I'm doing he has not come knocking

No comments:

Post a Comment