Tuesday, September 25, 2018

To Change or Not©Tony Fallon092518



To Change or Not©Tony Fallon092518

If I could change places today whom would I choose
Would it be Donald Trump or Mr. Howard Hughes?
Would it be Michael Jackson or Elvis Presley?
Would it be Martin Luther King or John Wesley

Or Columbus who did not know where he had been
And did it all on money borrowed from a queen
How about Red Adair who I greatly admire
He's the man who could put out a big oil field fire

Would I want to be Neil Armstrong flying through space?
And be the first on the moon from the human race
Then I must surely consider the great George Washington
But then the winter in Valley Forge was no fun

I don't want to be a president who sends young men to fight
Then when the body bags start arriving I couldn't sleep at night
I wouldn't want to be a politician most are not sincere
All they are interested in is prolonging their career

Would I want to be a king and live in a palace?
Or be Ralph Kramden with a lovely wife named Alice
How about when Robert Wagner was out in Hollywood
You think how lucky he was to have Natalie Wood

Or how about John Wayne riding horses on his spread
Or in the Quiet Man having Maureen O'Hara in his bed
What a trilling life it must have been for Sinbad the sailor
But then think of Richard Burton with Elizabeth Taylor

I don't know if I want to change I'm happy with my lot
But I'd like to interview Lester Piggott at Ascot
I'd like to ask Jim Kelly what were his future goals
After he was the losing quarter back in four Super bowls

I'd like to have five undivided minutes with the great Babe Ruth
And ask how many homers he'd have hit if he was off vermouth
I like to talk to the greatest hitter which of course is Pete Rose
And I'd ask him to list the best players whether friends or foes

If God came down tomorrow and told me I had to make a pick
I think it would be Gerry Lewis who was so good at slapstick
Or maybe Raftri an File the great Irish poet who was blind

Who did not let this affect him and had a brilliant mind

No comments:

Post a Comment