Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Goodbye to the Towers sept 2001.

Goodbye to the Towers by Tony Fallon Written a few days after 9/11.

Every morning I cut the grass and water the flowers,
That’s what I was doing when they blew up the Towers.
In the land of the free and the home of the brave,
On the orders of a madman who lives far away in a cave.
I saw smoke in the sky and believe me I cried
For surely I thought fifty thousand had died.

The brave firemen and police to save people did enter,
And some never came out of The World Trade Center.
Within one hour Rudy had sized up the situation,
And acted like a real leader in the minds of the Nation.
He consoled and he prayed and he never did roam
But five thousand innocent people never went home.

Within minutes of the blast I talked with my three sons,
And all they talked about was bombs and big guns.
My son Anthony the fireman spent a whole day at Ground Zero,
And saw empty fire trucks missing more than one hero.
He was tired and depressed and his eyes they were red,
I think he cried too because five thousand were dead.

The sun shone so brightly that day on tower and steeple
And this terrorist hoped to break the spirit of a people.
A country who welcomes all people to her shore,
Was bent but not broken and is angry to the core.
The day he picked out was the eleventh of September,
And those five thousand people we must always remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment