Sunday, September 9, 2018

Issues © TonyFallon090818

Issues © TonyFallon090818
Everybody has daily up and downs this we all know so well
We have had many days that were heavenly and days that were hell
Many of them have to do with and affect our own daily lives
Many are caused by idle husbands and more by some bossy wives
Some of my own misfortunes have been caused by the unmarried kind
I often pick the ones who are a real menace to mankind
I must admit I am often smitten by an airhead cutie
And I'm as helpless as putty when I meet a red head beauty
I shall remember a rather recent very troubling event
It happened last February the first just two weeks before Lent
She was seated alone in a lounge I didn't know she had a limp
A blonde she had some meat on her bones but she was not like a blimp
She admitted she needed loving but had some simple issues
She cried as she talked of her problems and used a box of tissues
I knew I should walk rapidly away from this potential mess
But men's hearts often soften when there is a maiden in distress
There was a folk singer on the stage I could not hear him singing
She was talking to her roommate or the damn phone was ringing
She said she might have a date with her which raised my expectation
I must now be getting somewhere with my suggestive flirtation
One word led to another we left there holding on real tight
And I knew very well we'd only need one double bed that night
I do not know where we went but I am certain I did not drive
But when I woke up and looked at the clock it was three forty five
She was in the middle of a nightmare with her best friend Mary
Who had stolen the love of her life back home in Tipperary
She had hijacked the quilt and blankets and also the upper sheet
And I lay there shivering in the cold bed cold from head to feet
Because of all the alcohol I do not know what had transgressed
But I realized the right thing to do was to get fully dressed
Then hope she did not awaken before I got out the front door
When I looked at the clock radio again it was five to four.
I was sure when she would wake up she would think of me as a swine
But before I got out I realized this apartment was mine
I don't know if you've been in my predicament or felt so stressed
It was her I wanted to depart because I was not the guest
So I grabbed some blankets from the closet and slept in solitude
And cooked her a big hearty breakfast to show her my gratitude
I'm pretty sure something happened I certainly am not a prude
For you know when I woke up that morning we were both in the nude
She couldn't remember anything either after we left the bar
I never saw her again after I drove her home in my car.
So if you are looking for a mate and want off the single shelf
Pick someone with less issues and a lot more mature than yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment