Sunday, December 30, 2018

Christmas problems © Tony Fallon.jan52017


Christmas problems © Tony Fallon.jan52017

My girlfriend left me it could be worse
All I bought her for Christmas was a fancy purse
She said she was expecting some expensive bling
I think she was expecting an engagement ring.
Two days after Christmas she ups and split
Saying I was as cheap as a word that rhymes with spit
We had been together on and off for five or six years
And just like that she up’s and disappears
All in all it could have been a lot worse
Next day in emergency I met a nice Irish nurse.
I said to her would you believe 
That I don’t have a date for New Years Eve.?
She told me she came from Glenties in Donegal
If we were going to be outside she had a Galway shawl
I said I’d watch the fireworks at the Blackthorne Bar
If I could find some one with a motor car
She said not to worry she has a two year old sedan
And If I’d do the driving I could be her man
But she also said that I couldn’t drink
Because on her car there wasn’t even one dink
I told then and there I wanted to know in advance
Was I just the driver with no hope for romance?
Or would she at least give me an odd dance?
She said that would all depend on how I behaved in the car
On the drive over to the Blackthore Bar.
I didn’t know now if I was to act like a Saint
Or if I acted the devil would I be put in restraint
So this bit of driving I’d have to rehearse
You have to be very careful dealing with a nurse
Well we got there and home again alive
She told me the one thing she hates to do is drive
She complimented me for keeping my hands on the wheel
And said she wouldn’t mind loaning me the automobile
She was the belle of the night and she looked so pretty
Next year for New Years I’ll drive her to New York City.
All in all I’d have to rate her a ten
And I’d never take back that other gold-digger again

No comments:

Post a Comment