Sunday, December 16, 2018

My Holy Hex© 2018TonyFallon1216


My Holy Hex© 2018TonyFallon1216



As I entered the little hollow known as the fairy dell
I felt my spine tingling as I fell under your nameless spell
I could not see you but your evil presence was on the breeze
And to my God in earnest prayer I faded to my knees


There was an evil odor in the air and it smelled of doom
Like the odor one could expect if you opened up a tomb
The evil feeling in the cool air was both clinging and dense
If you had been in human form I could plan my own defense


Scared far beyond my wits I did not have the strength to arise
Surrounded by evil yet I could not see you with my eyes
There were no flowers where I now knelt only thistles and weeds
I realized in my pocket I had my rosary beads


I kissed the crucifix as I knelt there in the grass and moss
And felt my confidence returning as I held up the cross
Your power diminished with my hex I slowly feel it fade
And I knew as quickly as I could I would run from that glade


The morning sun breaking through the clouds fell on this evil place
I felt a little hope in my heart as it warmed my cold face
I know I will never cross this field at such an early hour
So never more would I be spellbound by your evil power

No comments:

Post a Comment