Friday, December 28, 2018

Two days in December © Tony Fallon122816

Two days in December © Tony Fallon122816

I went into the hospital last March to get rid of kidney stones
I was in there yesterday because I have some broken bones.
This time they didn't keep me they were devoid of pity....
They sent out into the winter weather which was really shitty
There was ice all over the place I had no other driver
The same kind of weather that almost sent me into a river
I was in Hudson city eighteen to twenty miles from home
I live on Main Street in Cairo just a few blocks from Jerome.
For the next half an hour I never went over the thirty speed
Anybody who didn’t like my driving could kiss my ass indeed
Without skid or accident, I arrived safely at my abode
I swore I’d not go outside until there was no ice on the road
I had a lovely breakfast of Tara and Herb’s Christmas ham
Before I went over to Hudson again to have an eye exam
I got over there in the late afternoon and got a big surprise
Two pairs of glasses for a hundred and they tested my eyes
She said my eyesight was great for a man of seventy-four
When I told her I was seventy-two she never talked anymore
It’s all starting to work out except for my ribs and shoulder
I guess they’ll take longer to heal now that I’m getting older
Until I get another auto I’ll be driving my old Thruway van
I love the comfort it gives but I’d much rather have a sedan

No comments:

Post a Comment