Saturday, December 29, 2018

The 3 days©2018TonyFallon1229


The 3 days©2018TonyFallon1229

I met Teresa last Sunday evening and she sure looked swell
She and her mother were walking I knew the mother well
They were walking three big collie dogs in the local park
It was almost five o'clock and chilly it was almost dark
It was not the time or place for serious conversation
I think she was flirting because my heart had a palpitation
She said she loved writing in the newspaper had a column
She had written two books and was finishing another volume
Yesterday when I went there was no mother or daughter in sight
And I walked round in circles and miles way into the night
I remember her mother saying they were an Italian family
But one grandmother was O'Malley from the town of Tralee
Teresa had told me she didn't live in town but two towns away
But I thought she might be staying with Mom until Christmas Day
With thoughts of this lovely girl I was now totally consumed
I might never see her again because I had wrongfully assumed
Christmas morning at the local Churches I went to every mass
This could be my chance to meet her and I wasn't going to let it pass
Finally at Cairo mass I saw the mother in one of the pews
But the daughter was nowhere to be seen I was dreading bad news
At the end of mass I made a beeline and wished her much Christmas cheer
And happiness to her and her family for the coming year
When I asked about Teresa she said "Oh she's gone back to the convent"
This is one Irish man whose day was ruined as I felt such discontent


No comments:

Post a Comment