Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Hexes©2018TonyFallon1212


Hexes©2018TonyFallon1212

I have waited so long to meet someone so pleasant
I was pleased when Santa Clause let me sit on his knee
He told me I wouldn't have to look far for my present
When I went out the main door you were there by the tree

I told you I was going to the local Subway to eat
Then reading poetry with friends at 394 Main St
You asked if you could be included in this master plan
And you told me from now on I could call you Mary Anne

You asked if you could read likewise about your home in Texas
I said it was ok but this month it was about hexes
I had been trying for days to rhyme the subject perplexes
Because the one other word that perfectly rhymes is sexes

I do not want you thinking that I am crude and not refined
And that I already have only one thing on my mind
But I sure would like you to be there when I read my poem
I hope when the reading ends you are going to take me home

No comments:

Post a Comment