Thursday, December 13, 2018

Unhappy© 2018 Tony Fallon1213


Unhappy© 2018 Tony Fallon1213

I'm longing to work full time but my father won't retire
He is as strong as a moose and not likely to expire
He is a good few years past the normal retiring age
But he's so anxious to stay he'll work for minimum wage

He's been there so long he is famous for his endurance
Since he's on Medicare there's no costly health insurance
All the full timers are old and get few employee perks
We younger ones do all the work we are treated like jerks

The fathers get jobs for their sons like a closed union shop
But they treat us sons with distain while they stay at the top
Others outside looking in say it is pure nepotism
At least we all look alike so they can't say its racism

There are eight of them on top considered a single team
To replace those famous eight parents is part of my dream
But the are favorites of the boss and very well known
I have no inside help I can not topple them alone

We do all the dirty work checking out new equipment
And count all the new merchandise on every new shipment
Then every piece has to be checked twice for any defect
And returned to the supplier if it is not perfect



To have a famed father is not all it’s cracked up to be
We often get into arguments and we rarely agree
He says that he can understand my youthful frustrations
But I should meantime tone back my youthful expectations

I'd like to start a young family with my deer girl Rose
And have a son named Rudolf the third with a big red nose
Maybe he could lead the sleigh once the pride of my in laws
I'm Prince Charley of the north when it comes to Santa Clause



No comments:

Post a Comment