Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Breaking up is hard to do.(c) Tony Fallon 12/6/2016.

Breaking up is hard to do.(c) Tony Fallon 12/6/2016.

You promised last night you would take young Johnny to the park
The last time we saw you was at breakfast and it's already dark
You've been gone all day and you are probably full of alcohol
If you have nothing good to say you might as well not come home at all

You know Johnny loves you, you must surely know how he feels
But he only sees his daddy when it's time for your meals

Remember many years ago when you were my boyfriend
And you said if we married on you I could always depend 
Money angrily thrown on the table may pay the light and rent
But your frequent absences are causing a lot of dissent

You seem so unhappy with life it's so long since you smiled
But you can't go on ignoring me and our only child
I never said that being with your friends is a big crime
But Johnnie and I are entitled to a least equal time

I know in my heart of hearts you have never been untrue
There is a crack in our relationship and we are falling through
When I try to start a dialogue I am so quickly dismissed
But in a loveless marriage like ours it is hard to coexist


The note says "it's not working" but it's not the freezer that's broke
So I'm taking Johnny and we are going to live with my folk
You know my parents adore you and you know where they live
If you can convince me that you love us I am ready to forgive
But there must be normal communications and honest dialogue
I never want to feel second class again or be treated like a dog

No comments:

Post a Comment