Saturday, November 10, 2018

Last night© 2018TonyFallon 1110.


Last night© 2018TonyFallon 1110.

I was supposed to go to Gloversville where poetry was being read
But I ran into a snow storm and headed home instead
I couldn’t believe how fast cars and pick ups were going
You’d think they’d show better judgment since it was snowing

Unless you are doing seventy an hour someone wants to pass
On roads that have not been salted and could be as smooth as glass
Some think with four wheel drive they are as super as Clark Kent
But I’ve seen  man an ATV in Junk Yards badly bent

One “idiot “passed me on a curve with his horn blowing
A  mile later turned into his driveway  his brake lights a glowing
Just to get in front of me must have been his one desire
Because when I looked at his house it was not on fire

But in this country you don’t have to be intelligent to be a driver
Right beside this particular highway there is a fast flowing river
I can’t understand on those dark snowy winter nights
Why the bullies on the highway will not dim their lights
If there are two of them playing chicken with the dimmer
And either winds up in the river they’d better be a swimmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment