Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Younger days©2017TonyFallon0617


Younger days©2017TonyFallon0617

In our younger days we were the super pair
We always were together almost everywhere
We were light on our feet we had style and flair
They nicknamed you Ginger and called me Astair
If someone tried to steal you they wouldn’t have a prayer
And no one ever accused me of having an affair
When we first married our clothes were almost threadbare
But we worked the farm together we never took welfare
I never expected from the beginning I’d be a millionaire
But we never went hungry we always had three square
When things were going bad I’d often curse and swear
Then you were my rock for you never did despair.
I have grandchildren in Chicago very near O’Hare
And others just outside Shannon down in County Clare
John is still single and he is a pilot for Swissair
Pakie is a horse trainer in the state of Delaware
I would love to go to America if I ha d the airfare
The doctor says in three months my knee they will repair
And it will then be much easier to climb up the stair
And now that God has called you the world seems unfair
As I sit here at the table across from your empty chair
The dog sits at my feet most nights as I play solitaire.

No comments:

Post a Comment