Sunday, November 11, 2018

The Doctors Daughter© 2018 Tony Fallon1111


The Doctors Daughter© 2018 Tony Fallon1111

I loved the doctor's eldest daughter the love of my life
Once or twice I even inquired if she would be my wife
She was not a raving beauty if you know what I mean
There were many eligible bachelors but they weren't keen 

Marrying a doctors daughter would insure I'd get rebates
In the hospital and Chemists and with dental associates
The doctor was all for it and he said he wouldn't impede
If I promised to elope with her he had other mouths to feed

I work six days a week and Sunday I like to act the jock
I love watching both hurling and football and so does the Doc
I'm not sure the doctor's wife agreed fully with her main man
I don't think she ever wanted me to be part of their clan

I did not like the dagger looks, and at me she never smiled
I doubted if she wanted me to sire her very first grandchild
I wasn't comfortable around her and I had a suspicion
That she had already picked someone else for this prime position

Here was her eldest daughter eloping with an auctioneer
She wanted a fancy wedding the social event of the year
That would give her an opportunity to model and to preen
And look down on the middle class people like she was the Queen

As the weeks went on I began to sense a wee kind of drift
There was not as much excitement whenever I brought a gift
If we'd be going out again she'd take a long time deciding
Sometimes they said she was not home I thing she was hiding

Once she used to come to my auctions she was great for details
All of a sudden she was busy and couldn't come to my sales
When we were together she kinda treated me with distain
I began to think the obvious was she had another swain

I thought the best thing to do was pack my emotional bags
And get to hell outta there; alas there were far too many red flags
The mother cornered me one day said "are you in this for fun?"
The daughter shouted down from her room "mom that's not the one"


No comments:

Post a Comment