Friday, November 9, 2018

The Trip ©Tony Fallon 9/25/15


The Trip ©Tony Fallon  9/25/15

Two of the happiest weeks of my life had just ended
When I wrote this poem.Two weeks I will never forget
May your trip back to Montreal, with you agree,
May all of your purchases and gifts, be duty free.
May the inspectors send you off, with only smiles,
Which will surely help shorten, your lonely miles.
May your new radios, not be too much of a load,
May there be very little traffic, on you favorite road.
I hope on them, there is no sign of white snow
And the temperature is above, and not below.
Pull over and rest for a while if you don’t feel alert,
I would feel guilty for delaying you, if you got hurt
May God and his angels keep you from harms,
As you drive along the highway by silent farms.
Out in the country, I hope there’s no rain or fog,
And I’m sure in Montreal, there is no more smog
When you get home, and drive down your street
May all of your loved ones, be there to greet
One of the stars of New York’s Groundswell
Without even trying you cast me under a spell.
This poem to you, with a lot of love is penned,
I shed a tear when we parted, my new best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment