Friday, November 23, 2018

The Christmas Gift©2018TonyFallon1123


The Christmas Gift©2018TonyFallon1123

You asked me yesterday what I wanted for a Christmas gift
I said thinking about Christmas gifts now is a little swift
It's only late November or did you entirely forget
That we have loads of turkey and trimmings in the freezer yet
I do want to get rid of that large tray of cholesterol
Before we start preparing for another large butterball

I have enough gloves and socks and hats to keep me toasty warm
I have snow tires on the jeep for almost any kind of storm
I have enough sweaters and shirts and plenty of flashy ties
I have tools enough for Tim Allen you'll have to improvise

You said that since I do not smoke you cannot buy a cigar
Since I'm not a musician you can't buy a Les Paul guitar
Since I do not touch alcohol you cannot buy me fine wine
And since I'm a vegan you can't buy a big steak when we dine

About my gifts I am reluctant to hint or advertise
But you know I am into sports which will come as no surprise
I am too old to be wearing either team hats or sweaters 
Especially ones that have player's numbers or team letters
I am not a fan of the New York football Giants nor Jets
But I'm crazy about baseball and I love the New York Mets

No comments:

Post a Comment