Tuesday, November 6, 2018

My Ghostly Story© 2018TonyFallon1105


My Ghostly Story© 2018TonyFallon1105

I never saw ghosts in Ireland
And I won’t pretend I did
If there were ghosts on the road I travelled
When they saw me coming they hid
But I was scared on my bicycle
On many a moonless night
If the dynamo wasn’t working
And I didn’t have a light
The things other people saw
Put the fear of God in my soul
If I saw anything move in a field
I’m sure I’d lose control
My aunt swore one night
There were lights on Sheegith hill
They followed her all the way
 To the river beside the mill
When I was passing I thought I was being stalked
I cycled as fast as I could I never once walked
Blutcher Donnelly lived in front of the graveyard
I wouldn’t have that much spunk
He said the only frights he got
Were from people staggering home drunk
He also had this big dumb donkey
Who was quite as a mouse by day
But in the middle of the night
Often decided he would stray
It was many a person on the road
He gave an awful fright
On one side he was black as coal
On the other side ghostly white
If he was coming at you on the black side
Him you wouldn’t want to meet
And if he was following on the white side
You’d think it was a Banshee’s sheet
John McCarthy was found unconscious
One Sunday on our way to mass
Almost everybody in the village assumed
He had an encounter with Bluchers’ ass
Blucher admitted to us all later
That night he had tied him with chain
If it was the white side following him
McCarthy could have gone insane
So unfortunately my dull story
Was not a ghostly frightening fable
But about Bluchers’ Piebald donkey
Who often broke out of the stable



No comments:

Post a Comment