Monday, November 6, 2017

A dull Day (1106)

A Dull Day © Tony Fallon110617
I wrote so much poetry last week the well has gone dry
I tried looking up to heaven for stimulation from the sky
But the sky is totally overcast and all the clouds are grey
The sun will not appear soon, there will not even be a ray
Every time I go outside the biting cold is bitter
There are no bees or butterflies little birds are not a twitter
If the seagulls fly up in the sky they cannot be spied
No children on the swing no children on the slide
On the sidewalk, there is no tyke on a three-wheeled trike
In the park no teenager on an expensive mountain bike
The roving black cat from across the street I haven’t spied
It surely is not the best of days if that cat stays inside
This is the kind of day one can expect some condensation
No wonder I can’t get any kind of cheerful inspiration
I guess this could be the beginning of the winter blahs
The only thing I look forward to now is Mr. Santa Clause

No comments:

Post a Comment