Sunday, November 5, 2017

Flu Shot,,,,,(2016)

The Flu Shot ©by Tony Fallon.
I went for my annual checkup and the next thing I knew
I got one injection for pneumonia and another for the flu.
I asked them why and they said to keep away infections
And the only way to be sure was to have both injections
For two or three days both of my arms were sore
But I’ll put up with anything not to be at the drugstore.
About three days later my bones started to hurt
And I was often feeling sleepy and not fully alert.
I fell into bed that night as tired as a chimney sweep
And was out of this world afore I had counted ten sheep
After a night of sleep like that, most people would conclude
That even an old man like me would wake up fully renewed
But I didn’t even feel as good as I had the day before
Pains shot through my body as soon as I touched the floor.
I can tell you that after a bathroom visit I didn’t have constipation
That’s enough about that visit I’m giving out no more information
As I sat down on the sofa I started a fit of coughing and sneezing
And even though it was seventy degrees my toes were almost freezing
My nose was running like Niagara and there was mucus in my chest
My clothes were in front of me but I didn’t have the energy to get dressed.
Did you ever notice when others are sick they have something vague
But you get the slightest sniffle and you act like you have the plague
That’s the way it is with me I start acting like I’ll never, convalesce
And I start looking for pity from all my friends I have to confess.
Some over the counter cold remedies was now badly required
But when I get to the medicine cabinet everything there had expired
My eyes are running and after all the fine print and are very blurred
Lucky enough I live alone because I had just used a very bad word
But in the freezer, I found antihistamine tablets which I can’t duplicate
And I was so happy to find I could use them when I checked the date.
I took twice the dose recommended, maybe the flue that will cure
They have been almost a year in the freezer I hope they‘re not impure.
The next time I go to my doctor and they recommend vaccination
I’ll tell them where to stick the needle and I’ll go away on vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment