Sunday, November 5, 2017

Black Cat (1101)

The Black Cat of Cairo © Tony Fallon110117
I saw him first on the sidewalk and he was intense
After just a moment there he jumped up on the fence
As he sat there on the fence on his behind
Little birds were in the bush he had evil on his mind
The birds picked the berries unaware of danger
Not realizing a few feet away there was a hungry stranger
I marveled at the laws of nature there on display
The hunter on one side on the other the prey
The hunter just needed the slightest little break
To go to the ground for the hunted would be a mistake
I don’t know what kind of bird they were but not canaries
And they were filling up with my neighbor's berries
With a whish of wings, they suddenly departed
And the poor cat jumped down from the fence broken hearted
The last time I saw him he was heading across the street
It would be cat food this evening instead of fresh meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment