Saturday, November 18, 2017

Here Goes 111817

Here Goes© Tony Fallon 111817

My pen is loaded my head is clear
I drank a cup of tea instead of beer
Actually, I’m sitting before my computer
But saying I had a pen sounds so much cuter
I would also say it probably gives the impression
That something good will come out of this session
Alas when I sat down I had nothing planned
Certainly nothing X rated that would be banned
There were no magic words or rhymes in my head
I wasn’t going to comment about something I’d read
I could tell about last night when I had no date
And three married women said I looked great
I had my long hair in a rubber band tied up nice
As I entered the Shamrock even Jennie looked twice
I had been at a funeral and was neatly dressed
And I could tell the women were really impressed
Next weekend I must go where there are singles
It would be exciting if they are all bilinguals.
So that’s all the information I have to convey

I wonder if this qualifies as my”Poem a Day”?

No comments:

Post a Comment