Sunday, November 12, 2017

I'm the Key man

I’m the Keyman © Tony Fallon Dec 2016.

I got a call from Home Depot at half past three
Wanting to know if I had a blank Corbin key
It had a zero or an O which it was he didn’t know
I told him that if it was a Corbin it had to be an O
He asked me if I had three or four in stock
I said “yes but I would be closing at five o’clock”
With all this information he seemed a little shocked
That I had the key and my store would soon be locked
Well he said I’ll not delay her I’ll send her on her way
She’ll be there tomorrow if she doesn’t make it today.
Well who should appear later only Alicia Kristoferson
The blanks I had were not exact so I only made her one
It was properly lined but not properly grooved
And once you make the cut it cannot be improved
We chatted for a while we seemed to have great rapport
And she said if the key worked she’d come back for more
I know very well with my keys you can lock your door.
The best keys in Greene County are made in my store
She called and said it locks the front door and she feels secure

She’ll come back to my store for more copies I’m pretty sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment