Thursday, November 9, 2017

Growing up in Ireland(2016)

Growing up in Ireland© Tony Fallon 2016.


I often think about the place where I was born
On a cold and frosty far off November morn
My parents were both healthy and in their prime
And I had one older pesty sister at the time
I was very healthy and was growing up strong 
But no matter what I said I was always wrong
I jumped out a window when I was over two
The front door it was locked what else could a child do?
Luckily I didn't get too many cuts from the glass
But I did get a few slivers stuck in my ass
I was not at all the kind of child to be confined
I guess I had a wandering state of mind.
About two years later I was full of alarm
Rumor was a baby was coming to our farm
I looked at this development with some distaste
I wanted to know if I was being replaced
I asked my mother for a comment and she said PLEASE,
That did nothing to alleviate my big unease 
One day a woman came and I heard a baby cry
I then went outside to hide behind the old pigsty
A few hours later father had volunteers and Guards
Searching for me in all the neighbor's fields and yards
You should know by now that I was quickly found
A week later my father got a bill for ninety pound
Said he thought I had been a victim of kidnap
As he beat my rear with his bare hands across his lap.
He also told me that I should quickly be reformed
Or that would not be the last my arse would be warmed
I asked him then if I was going to be switched
If they got the new baby so I could be ditched
I could tell by his face he was in great shock
But for weeks I was the local laughing stock
The thought crossed my mind of from our home fleeing
That was no way to treat another human being
But for a four-year-old to get a job was causing fears.
So I decided to postpone moving for twenty years.
































I

No comments:

Post a Comment