Sunday, November 5, 2017

The writing experiment(2016)

The writing experiment© Tony Fallon.
When I started out at writing,
 I thought it would be so exciting
A table a chair and good lighting,
 and of course no one fighting.
I have a pencil with an eraser
 at spelling I’m not an Acer
I have the pen I have the paper 

Time to start my little caper
What more do I need for my plan 

almost forgot the garbage can
I have fresh ink in the pen 

should I write of brave young men?
I stare at the paper till my eyes are blurred

 I still haven’t come up with a single word.
This isn’t as easy as I thought it would be 

the words are certainly not flowing free.
I said to myself I need a wee drink 

a shot of whiskey will make me think.
It should help with writer’s block 

it certainly helps to make people talk.
Shortly after the neighbor stops for a chat 

and we talk about my dog and his cat
I asked if he’d have a drink and didn’t have to ask twice 

so I got another glass and a full tray of ice
He said that from whiskey he didn’t abstain. 

And when he left we were feeling no pain.
On my writing, I’m starting to cheat 

when he left I decide to eat
A ham and cheese sandwich quickly disappears 

and so does two or three Budweiser beers.
After eating I put down a few more words 

something about the sky and the birds.
I read it again it sounds like crap 

I throw it up and roll it into the scrap
I remembered the whiskey and took a few sips 

and went to the potato for freezer chips.
Most of happened what after I’ve forgot 

But I took a few more whiskeys of the shot
I know I kept papering on my write. 

The glass was going empty so I added a shot
 And I threw more garbage cans into the paper
And I definitely penciled the sharp
I think more tomorrow I will write
It’s four in the afternoon so good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment