Thursday, November 9, 2017

Please Don't go(2016)

Please don’t go © Tony Fallon 2016
You left us alone when we needed you most
Now you are gone and forever lost
Now you are nothing more than a ghost
You are the one your friends need the most

Your friends all feel so alone
You have vanished into the unknown
I can still hear your high heels on the cobblestone
As you marched through the trees on your own

Was the broken friendship beyond repair?
Was your romance a real nightmare?
You left without a suitcase or outerwear
As you walked the walk of sadness and despair

Remember the days we marched in the parade
Or played with our dolls in the evening shade
For leaving without a goodbye I am dismayed
For our solutions to problems we always prayed

As you took the last selfies did you say cheese?
I bet it was so humid there was no breeze
If I was there I would have said come home, please
In life, there are no certainties and no guarantees

You always had your two feet on the ground
You were the only one I know who never frowned
You always gave advice that was wise and sound

How can I continue best friend without you around?

No comments:

Post a Comment