Tuesday, November 21, 2017

The Sky 112117

The sky © Tony Fallon 112117

I think of you every night when I look up in the sky
And wonder why you walked away this past July
I look to east and west until I find a superstar
I stare at it until it blinks which is quite bizarre
I think of you especially when the sky is overcast
I thought our love for each other would last and last
When I see the moon arising I think of your glance
And the year we spent together it was pure romance
 But a moon only last for thirty nights and is then reborn
I do not grieve for the old moon but for you, I mourn
I marvel at all the stars that are in the Milky Way
But just like you, my love they are so far away
There are many more stars than women in a sky chart
But you’d have to search forever to find a kinder heart
When a star shoots across the sky it never more will shine

Like the love you shared with me will never more be mine

No comments:

Post a Comment