Saturday, November 18, 2017

Winter in the Norteast......(2016)

Winter in the North East © by Tony Fallon.

I think I must be growing older
Every morning it feels much colder
It’s definitely colder than last year
Maybe not there but certainly here
My fingers are numb also my toes
So are my ears and my nose.
Next week we are promised a foot of snow
The sun is shining and it’s four below
The grandkids are happy they will be skiing
This is not normal weather for a human being
You have to have snow tires on your car
If you are going shopping or to an Irish bar
It doesn’t matter if you are poor or rich
If you hit black ice you wind up in a ditch
You always have to be on the lookout for deer
There are plenty around this time of year
I hate living where everybody is whining
I want to be in a place where the sun is shining
I don’t know about the Plains and Nebraska
I certainly don’t envy Susan up in Alaska
This is not the life I should be living

Next year I’ll be in Florida by Thanksgiving

No comments:

Post a Comment