Sunday, November 5, 2017

Alone Again (1104)

Alone again © Tony Fallon110417
I never thought I could live without you
Until that fateful day
You did the deed I thought you’d never do
And told me to go away
You changed the lock on your front door
And gave me no key
My time was up so now I knew the score
There will be no more you and me
My Beatle records were in the garbage can
My clothes out on the lawn
Many of my valuable thrown in my van
And the note “I hate you, Shawn”.
How do I reply to this curt note?
That has no detail
And gives me no opposing vote
To save my sorry tail
I called you on your mobile phone
You answered so scorning
I don’t know if you were home alone
At three o’clock in the morning
Your facebook page soon lost my name
Like that, a friendship ended
Three years of my life gone up in flame
How could I be unfriended
Last night I slept in a dingy motel room
The bathroom was disgusting
I never in my life felt such gloom
I am not adjusting.
I gave up all my friends which I now lament
The day that we became a pair
 Now I have to find a new place to rent
For there is no friendly armchair
I sure wish this problem had not occurred
You won’t even answer your doorbell.
The stalemate is not comical in fact it is absurd
You are putting me through hell
How can this happen to two lovebirds
I surely must be dreaming
There were no arguments no angry words
And we didn’t wind up screaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment