Sunday, November 5, 2017

Christmas (1105)

Christmas © Tony Fallon 110317
Christmas comes to our street without much warning
In fact, it might get here early this morning
I’m not talking about the holiday but the green-eyed cat
Who eats at all the neighbor's houses and is getting fat
I thought she was a he but now I have been told
That he is actually a she and is not very old
She crosses from north to south like she has impunity
And has scared many drivers in this little community
She sits there in my yard pretending she is sunning
She is trying to catch birds oh she is so cunning
She acts so maturely no way like an amateur beginner
A bluebird missing above may have been a Christmas dinner
Every cat has nine lives I think she has only five
I don’t know how she can cross so often and still survive
I don’t think there ever has been a cat cage designed
That could keep this cat Christmas fully confined

No comments:

Post a Comment