Saturday, January 13, 2018

I do not live (C) TonyFallon011517

I do not live (C) TonyFallon011517

I do not live in Ireland anymore
I was sad when I left old Eireann’s shore
I left behind a girl that I adore
Not to go and leave her she did implore
So you can guess I don’t live in Tullamore
I don’t know if I told you this before
I started out to go to Baltimore
But in Cairo bought a Hardware Store
At nine o’clock I open up the door
Please come in some day and explore
I have many kinds of bits if you want to bore
And gouging chisels when you want to gore
I have new overalls when the old ones are wore
And new gloves when the old ones are tore
I have gallons of paint to brighten your decor
Made in the factory of mister Benny Moore
I also have old stuff that you’ll adore
It won’t take long I only have one floor
And you get a discount if you buy a score
Service is not like it was in days of yore
I have four broken ribs and they are sore
The pain is so awful I sometimes have to roar
But I carry on just like a brave old troubadour
I often think of closing up at half past four
And flying off to somewhere warm like Equador

No comments:

Post a Comment