Saturday, January 20, 2018

Miss Kathleen McGee © Tony Fallon 012018.

Miss Kathleen McGee © Tony Fallon 012018.

Miss Kathleen McGee came from the town of Tralee
And she was one of a kind
She was very pretty and she also was witty
And she drove all the boys out of their mind
She could sing and dance and melt hearts with a glance
She could raise the low pressure of blood
She was light on her feet when she walked on the street
Boys would gladly lay down their jackets in mud
It was no big news that she didn’t drink booze
She could have all the free soda she wanted
I asked her to dance with thoughts of romance
We only had only one now I’m haunted
Next day on my mare I was on the way to Kenmare
And I stopped into her mother and dad
I said I have plenty of land and I want your daughter’s hand
I play music and sing both popular and trad
He was balling his fist he said does she know you exist
That sure took me down a big peg
I didn’t want to get excited I felt like I’d been indicted
And I certainly did not want to beg
He said she had suitors in person and on computers
That was the end of my presentation
He didn’t say yes so I would have to guess

He didn’t care so I rode away in frustration

No comments:

Post a Comment