Friday, January 12, 2018

The Sleeper© Tony Fallon 72117

The Sleeper© Tony Fallon 72117


I was on my daily run when the rain came pouring down
I found the only bus shelter on that side of our town
One pane of glass was missing the others full of signs
Very vulgar sayings and very demeaning designs
I wondered who displayed his anger on such a public stage
I wonder what woman wounded him to cause so much rage
I would not like to meet someone with such hateful passion
Would he one day be on page one as a local assassin?
Those were the thoughts in my mind as I slowly nodded off
It seemed like only seconds when I was awakened by a cough
I was in the middle of a dream of being tied up with cord
And this madman hacking me with this monstrous sword
I jumped up from the seat and started yelling and screaming
I felt like a fool when I realized that I was only dreaming.
The police woman ten feet away hoped that I was rested
In the back seat of her car was a man she had just arrested
He was a local man who had grown up loud and mean
He was taking pictures of me when she arrived on the scene
That he had other plans for me in her mind there was no doubt
The tools in the bag he was carrying were not those of a boy scout
If she hadn’t come on the scene she knew what he would have done
And the next day my picture would have been on page one.

No comments:

Post a Comment