Wednesday, January 10, 2018

The Cold © Tony Fallon11018

The Cold © Tony Fallon11018

I’d really like to fly home tonight
They say the moon is shining bright
In the Barnacullen valley
About a mile from the ball alley
They say the temperature is above freezing
Meanwhile I’m stuck in my bed sneezing
For many days I’ve had a viral infection
Almost since the day I got the flu injection
Everybody has different kinds of advice
I’m surviving on chicken soup with rice
The weather in New York is unreal
With snow and frost it’s hard to heal
In front of a radiator there is no romance
Like seeing the flame in a fireplace dance
And I’d love to have a cup of tea for a change
Where the kettle was boiled on a fire or a range
Then have some buns or currant cake

Like the kind my mother used to bake

No comments:

Post a Comment