Saturday, January 6, 2018

No Home Comfort © Tony Fallon010618

No Home Comfort © Tony Fallon010618

I’m sixty seven and I need a loan
I have no house I can call my ownN
We used to rent then that came to an end
When the wife ran off with my best friend
Well I do miss him he was a decent bloke
I could borrow from him when ever I was broke
I have an old trailer below in Leeds
It has no door and it’s covered in weeds
Even if it had a door I could not survive
Thousands of wasps are dead there in a hive
I don’t think they would on their own migrate
And they would cost a fortune to fumigate
I don’t know who went and stole my door
If I find the fecker I’ll even up the score
The ten acres it sits on for building is prime
But selling it in January is not the correct time
I asked the banker could I use the land for security
He said he’d like if I was showing more maturity
I need a small house or a big mobile home
I saw a nice one in Cairo over on Jerome
But I have no cash or bonds or stocks
Right now I’m sleeping in a cardboard box
On a deserted farm I’ve taken over a shed
I wish the farmhouse had a dry warm bed
This morning to win on scratch offs I had a plan
$150 in losers is now in the garbage can
I hope tonight the weather starts thawing
And I win some money in the lottery drawing.
No COMFORT OF HOME for me this season
Despite best wishes at Rhyme without Reason.

#6 Jan06.

No comments:

Post a Comment