Monday, January 1, 2018

Is your heart made of stone© T. Fallon091717

Is your heart made of stone© T. Fallon091717

Is your heart made of stone?
How could you go and leave me Joan
I built you up like you were on a throne
I got up this morning and you had flown
Back to your mother in County Tyrone

I thought you loved the house in Bayonne
I wish you had called me on the phone
Instead of a note under the bottle of cologne

You know I’ve been suffering from a gallstone
And an impacted tooth in my jawbone
A knee and an ankle that are blown
With pain that can’t be eased by cortisone

You couldn’t wait ‘til the children were grown
They are fighting like it is a combat zone
Mary wants to go dancing without a chaperone
And Michael shouts at me in baritone
I’m trying to take care of them all alone
Why did you have to go back to County Tyrone?

My own trip to Ireland I must postpone
You took all the money so I need a loan
At twenty per cent from a crook in Sierre Leon
So far if you are ever coming back is unknown

But we do know you are there in County Tyrone.

No comments:

Post a Comment