Friday, January 19, 2018

The Operation © Tony Fallon 011918

The Operation © Tony Fallon 011918

When I was only thirty five my system took a shock
I walked to the beach one day little more than a block
Even though I wasn’t that old you never know what’s in store
It took me twenty terrifying days to come back to my door
I was playing soccer with my sons and I fell like I was dead
Five day later with my family around I awoke in a hospital bed
They said I had suffered an aneurysm and they’d have to operate
So they took me by ambulance to New York where I had to wait
The operation was very new at the time and under strict analysis
One of the major side effects was partial or total paralysis
For many, many hours I was in the operating room in a trance
They asked me to wriggle my toes later they all began to dance
They were feeding me tablets one day a hundred and twenty eight
Meanwhile I was walking round about and could not walk straight
This latest development was to all the doctors quite shocking
They cut back on injections and I was once more straight walking
I never will forget the day I came home in the morning hours
Seeds I had sown weeks ago welcomed me as full grown flowers
I consider my self so lucky to have a life which I consider new
No matter how important we are we are only passing through


No comments:

Post a Comment