Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Remembering Brian© Tony Fallon72517.

Remembering Brian© Tony Fallon72517.

I want to tell you something before this day ends
About little Brian Fallon Howard who had so many friends
Taken from us at 14 little more than a child
But anyone who met him will ne’er forget when he smiled
He was just like the rest of us with a father Gene and Deirdre his mother
And he was surely loved by Danny his little brother.
He was inquisitive loved the color gold and was active all the time
I know I should have said orange but orange doesn’t rhyme
Of all those who loved him he was the apple of grandpa’s eye
And when God took Brian from us grandpa asked God Why?
My brother Brian was never into sports neither football nor hockey
If you asked what Alex Rodrigues did he’d say he was a jockey
But little Brian was a Yankee fan and he knew all the names
And my brother sat in Yankee Stadium while Brian enjoyed the games
For days before give a ways Brian would be so excited  
And when he got a bobble head doll he would be so delighted.
I never will forget sitting in the yard on hot and humid days
With Brian, Sam and Harry entertaining us with their little plays
They were always cycling and playing together a very unlikely three
They loved him and he loved them that you can guarantee
Grandma Rita often patched up bleeding elbows and knees
And she was one of a party who took him overseas
He left so many cousins and relatives in Ireland in sad tears
After he walked the fields that were in our family for a thousand years
My son Christopher will not forget how the doctors tried to keep Brian from dying
Who can forget the funeral home and his teachers all there crying?
But if I had to pick out two people who to Brian were superb
I’d have to nominate my niece Tara and her husband Herb
If I have left out anyone out who deserves a little praise
I’ll have to give you hugs and kisses instead of big bouquets

No comments:

Post a Comment