Sunday, December 24, 2017

The accident © Tony Fallon.22317

. The accident © Tony Fallon.22317



The accident © Tony Fallon.22317

Two months ago I wrecked my car
And I wasn't coming from an Irish bar
I was coming home from an auction
When my tires suddenly lost traction
I remember thinking this is a bitch
As I headed quickly towards the ditch
There was ice and fresh snow everywhere
My bags in the rear were in the air
Glass breaking was a scary sound 
As I and the car slid around
I heard some of my wheels popping
I wondered if I was ever stopping
When it did the windows had no glass
I was half in the road half in the grass
I lost my car and that is a shame
It was black ice so I'm not to blame.
Sanding should have been in effect
And the result is my car is wrecked.
From the location, I had to be towed
The joints are bent the tie rods are bowed
I didn't break the engine or transmission
But I have often been with my physician
I had pains in my neck and my back 
And in more than one rib a small crack
But from that winter wreck, I did survive
And I'm very glad I'm still alive
I guess that was just my lucky day
I wasn't supposed to die on that highway


No comments:

Post a Comment