Sunday, December 31, 2017

The Meeting © Tony Fallon123117

The Meeting © Tony Fallon123117

When I bumped into you I really got a bit of a fright
I wouldn’t be surprised if you told me I turned white
The story had been that you’d gone home to write
I was not expecting to meet you in the bar last night

Two more days to New Year’s I really was delighted
 I found your poem in my book which I then recited
You loved it and you laughed your laugh I really was excited
I shouldn’t get my hopes up but the flame was again ignited

I didn’t beat around the bush I needed information
I asked you if you were happy with our separation
I didn’t mean for it to turn into a confrontation
Your answer very clearly needed no translation

Your mood quickly changed the laughter disappeared
There was no more stroking of my long hair or my beard
I knew the answer as you paused long before you spoke

Any chance of reigniting our romance just went up in smoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment