Saturday, December 23, 2017

East Durham in 67 © Tony Fallon 4/7/2017

East Durham in 67 © Tony Fallon 4/7/2017

In sixty seven I got my first car and a license too
And in the Bronx very quickly made my driving debut
For weeks I only used to go to work and drive home
And on the weekend go to The Red Mill over on Jerome.
I was playing football at the time I used to drive to the gym
They had a swimming pool where I was learning to swim
I was glad to be off the ell which they call the railroad
But hated the taxi drivers and longed for the open road
A few times I drove to Shea to cheer on the Mets.
And I drove up to Yonkers to place a couple of bets
One night at over fifty to one I backed Rod a Dew
And for the first time in his career he very nearly flew
Where I should go for a weekend I really wasn’t too sure
So I asked all my friends where I should go for a tour
I said I didn’t want more than a two or three hour drive
Everybody mentioned East Durham up on one forty five.
With all the money that I won I had a mini vacation
And visited Bars in East Durham as part of the celebration
I was there for the music and didn’t even drink a beer
And I never had one in east Durham I’m still a pioneer
I visited every swimming pool up and down the strip

I was sad to leave East Durham I really enjoyed the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment