Saturday, December 23, 2017

The Laundromat Romance by Tony Fallon.061317

The Laundromat Romance by Tony Fallon.061317


I often saw you with your friends and you I’ d admire
But the thought of approaching you made me perspire
And with four or five together like a protective pack
I was afraid if I said anything you might all attack
When I saw you alone that night my heart jumped with joy
But I had to be careful how I planned my ploy 
You have to take the bull by the horns if you’re going to dance
And if I was ever going to talk to you this was my chance
I asked if you had quarters as you stood at the dryer
I had plenty of washing fluid but I needed purifier
You said the thing I really needed was probably a softener
And you said I’d know that if I went there oftener
When I told you that I liked you it was not a joke
I told you that I was a fairly honest bloke 
I asked if I should call you, Mrs., Miss or Ms
You said it would be fine if I called you Liz
I realized the answer was a little bit evasive
But maybe the question was a little bit invasive
It was honest and it was a fairly good respond
Along with liking you I was becoming fond
I said I’d like to serenade you on my guitar
I couldn’t take you driving as I didn’t have a car
You said you liked bicycling to be out in the sun
And to cycle up the mountain together could be loads of fun
I said we could do that Sunday but how about Saturday night
You said to take you to the concert would certainly be all right 
You really let your hair down as you danced in the aisle
And every time you’d look my way you’d light up with a smile
I went out riding on Sunday as white as a ghost
And came home with freckles just like burned toast 
I enjoyed the concert and the mountain cycling trip
The first two days of a really great relationship
All our friends predicted as a pair we’d never last
Yet we are the happiest couple after three years have passed
The lesson learned is that from afar beauty can be admired
But if you want the beauty for yourself courage is required.

No comments:

Post a Comment