Saturday, December 23, 2017

The chain Letter © Tony Fallon 91217.

The chain Letter © Tony Fallon 91217.


I got a chain letter the other day
Telling me to pass it on right away
When I received the message I was aghast
I never heard from that sender in the past
It wasn’t for money but to say a prayer
For some poor devil or other in despair
It was someone they had befriended
And if I broke the chain they’d be offended
It also contained one more complaint 
I’d go to hell if I didn’t pray to a certain saint.
I had to send it out immediately to nine
And special prayers would be said at the shrine
I was fairly certain this letter had to be a fake
To pass it to my friends would be a big mistake
So I said to myself this will not be shared
Do you think I’m going to my maker unprepared?
And then into my mind there crept a little doubt
What would happen if this person was devout
This letter could be real and not invented
For the rest of my life I could be tormented
To be so callous I could not be enticed
To help one in need a child of Christ
So if tomorrow you get a letter that is a chain
I hope you’ll say prayers to ease my pain

No comments:

Post a Comment