Saturday, December 23, 2017

Sick of it all © Tony Fallon.022017

Sick of it all © Tony Fallon.022017

You can feel spring fever in the air also in my chest
I felt all right last week but now I have no zest.
I’ve pains all over, my chest is stuffed and so is my nose
I should have waited longer to take off my winter clothes
Last October or maybe November I got my annual shot
But my immune system must have completely forgot
Most people would assume I’d be free of pains and aches
But since I got the injection I’ve had three minor outbreaks
On these three occasions I’ve been confined to my bed
Drinking only chicken soup with lightly toasted bread
I feel absolutely terrible for maybe two or three days
But it takes more than a week to recover from this malaise
My boss is normally calm and cool and very sedate
But he’s not very pleasant with time off or when you’re late
If I say I’ll come in he’ll “say I don’t want your infection”
And “next year at the doctor don’t get a flu injection.”
I’m afraid to speak up in case he’d give me the can
But how can I pay my rent when he has no sick plan
So all my friends could you think of something witty?

To say to my boss so he’ll set up a sick pay committee.

No comments:

Post a Comment