Friday, December 22, 2017

Van Inspection 122217

Van Inspection © Tony Fallon 122217

Today I went for my van’s inspection
First words from Albany Total Rejection
When the battery dies the computer will forget
All of the engine readings which are  preset
Well it seems there is a solution from previous trials
Drive the van up the mountain for about fifty miles
Instead of heading back to my ivory tower
I had to drive up to Windham which took half an hour 
It was lovely even though a snow storm was declared
And snow on the road really makes me scared
So I took a few mountain pictures of this lovely place
Turned round the van and headed for home base
I didn’t know at this point if the computer had reset
If I came back with too little miles Wiley would be upset
So I took a left turn and headed into the unknown
For the next fifteen minutes I was on this road alone
I suddenly realized after another few minutes I was lost
When I came to a junction that I had already crossed
The gas gauge said very little gasoline remained
From experience I knew the tank was nearly drained
A man at a house told me I had slightly gone astray
And he had me heading for home without much delay
I made it back in one piece without running out of fuel
Everything else on the van was OK so I got the renewal
So in your time of trouble you must always persevere
The van is now inspected and is good for another year


No comments:

Post a Comment